How should a tourist guide start a conversation?
- Guide: If you have any questions while we’re going along, please don’t hesitate to ask.
- Man: I have a question actually.
- Guide: Sure, what’s that?
- Man: Where’s the best place to have dinner around here?
- Guide: Well, that’s a tough question. …
- Man: How do we get there?
What a tour guide must bring before the tour?
Plan the tour to a tee
- Know your stuff. Some tour operators have a clear outline for tour guides to follow. …
- Craft personal stories. It’s not all about the destination; it’s also about you. …
- Have games in your back pocket. …
- Keep a list of conversation starters.
What should the tour guide have done?
- Pre-briefing about the group.
- Meeting the group.
- Going over emergency procedures with the group.
- Explaining points of interest during the trip.
- Answering questions about the tour.
- Distributing promotional material.
- Making sure the group stays together and is safe until the end of the tour.
What important things does a tour guide should carry with him?
4) What all things does a tour guide should carry with him?
- Compact first aid box.
- A knife or handy weapon ( Safari Park)
How do you guide a tourist?
10 Tips for Being a Good Tour Guide
- Face the crowd, not what you’re talking about. …
- Be personal. …
- Tell a story (historical or contemporary). …
- Get moving right away. …
- Don’t worry about being perfect. …
- Get help to get organized.
How do you deal with awkward questions in tour guiding?
Solution b- (If question is awkward) If question is not known to you Smile with good gesture. Say him thanks for asking question. or Say- that is really a good query.
Do and don’ts in tour guiding?
Terms in this set (12)
- Be Punctual. Dos.
- Be Late. Donts.
- Come prepared. Dos.
- Provide false or unsure information. Donts.
- Be cordial and pleasant. Dos.
- Show your exhaustion. Donts.
- Watch your own health. Dos.
- Overdo things. Donts.
What a tour guide should not do?
10 Things People Do On Tours That Tour Guides Can’t Stand
- 3 Bad hygiene.
- 4 Lack of participation. …
- 5 Be a know-it-all. …
- 6 Ruin the experience for other guests. …
- 7 Interrupt. …
- 8 Don’t come prepared. …
- 9 Try to rush the tour along. …
- 10 Show up late. When you show up late on tours, it’s a big deal. …
What makes a tour guide confident?
They’re confident with the details of their job.
They know their routes like the backs of their hands and set their guests at ease. This helps guests feel confident and comfortable, even if they’re doing something that feels adventurous—and it’s reflected in tips.
Is tour guide well paid?
Tour guides generally earn from $50 – $150 per day in base pay. In addition, most guides receive passenger tips, which can increase earnings substantially. Between wages and tips, a TD can average $250 – $350 per day of the tour. … The company tips a minimum of $20 per day, but you’re salaried and get benefits.
How much does a tour guide make?
How much does a Tour Guide make? The national average salary for a Tour Guide is €12 in Ireland. Filter by location to see Tour Guide salaries in your area. Salary estimates are based on 13 salaries submitted anonymously to Glassdoor by Tour Guide employees.
What questions will you ask an experienced Traveller?
100 things to ask a traveller
- What’s your favourite place so far?
- If you could swim with dolphins or go shark diving, which would you pick?
- What place is top of your bucket list?
- What can’t you travel without?
- Do you prefer solo travel or with someone else?
- Machu Picchu or Angkor Wat?
What makes a tour successful?
Key Personality Traits in Successful Tour Guides
First and foremost, communication skills are key to the profession. Guides must be friendly and comfortable speaking (and even better storytelling) in front of a group in order to relay everything from historical facts to cultural etiquette and safety measures.