QUEENSLAND ROAD TRIP IDEA. One day escape to Tablelands.
Woondum National Park. Kin Kin. Mary River. Noosa. Sunshine Coast, QLD.
Save the route!
A new adventure idea for anyone who is in Noosa or plans to visit it one day.
~ 30 minutes away from Noosa ~
Here is how we did it and a little bit about our stops and routes to help you navigate the area.
1. Start from at James McKane Lookout park to enjoy the view, and take some photos. There is a stunning panoramic view from the hill, a picnic area and parking available.
2. Then, if you drive a 4WD, move on to explore an awesome 10km track in the incredible forest. See the photo below.
3. You can have a picnic by the Rock Pools at the Woondum National Park (4WD Access only).
Make sure to download the map of Woondum National Park if you decide to drive through, as there is no reception.
We have visited this Rock Pool during a very dry season and there was not much water. So my travel tip here will be to visit this place after the rain, so you can swip here in a fresh water.
Have a look at the photo below, but keep in mind that there can be wet mud paddles even during the dry season and you will definitely need a 4WD to drive there.
There are bathrooms, picnic area and wood BBQ facilities at the Rock Pools.
4. If you love hiking - check out the Mt. Boulder track here.
5. Next stop - Mary River to enjoy the views and have a nap in the shade, and take some photos, of course!
There are toilets across the road if you will need any facilities. See our Mary River Stop location on the map. We have got a little bit lost looking for this place, so I have saved it for you!